I was unfortunately at home with a stomach virus (the joys of having kids), so I wasn't able to make it to my own web site's event!! I was so sad to miss it, but I have to thank my GAP partner, Julia, for taking over for me. And my poor hubby, Jamie, got sucked into it too. :) So, thank you, Jamie, for helping me stuff bags and for getting all the goods there! And my friend, Olivia, was kind enough to help get everything rolling too.
A HUGE thank you to Pam of The Hill Tea Bar for hosting us and for her patience with my last-minute absence. I heard the tea was wonderful and the complimentary treats scrumptious. Pam was also responsible for bringing the folk singer, Michael Mabry, in to entertain. He apparently was a big hit, performing lots of kids' songs since there were families in attendance. So, thank you, Michael!
And thank you to Annie Hart also, who was there to tell one of her amazing stories. She didn't end up telling her story because it was so crowded and there were so many children (her stories are really geared toward adults). So, I apologize all of you for not explaining that before hand. Make sure to try and make it to one of her events in the future! We'll keep you updated. She will also do story telling in your home now, so remember to book her for your next event!
I hope you are all enjoying your goody bags and want to thank all the generous local stores who donated items for bags and for prizes for the give-away. So, thank you to: The Apothecary Garden, Philadelphia Pretzel, High Point Cafe, The Night Kitchen Bakery, Lemons and Limes, Once Upon a Gallery, The Maternal Wellness Center, The Mt. Airy Learning Tree, and Wax. I have the names of the winners of our give-away prizes and will be contacting you all shortly.
We have some left-over bags of coupons and goodies, and we will give those away to the first 10 people to comment on this post! (Please abstain from commenting if you already received a bag at the event). So, simply go to the "comment" link below and tell us anything you want (just make sure to include your email address, so we can get in touch with you)! Tell us why you love GAP or what you would like to see us do in the future, etc.
10 comments:
I was sorry to miss the event. We are Sabbath observant and hope the next event could be on any day but sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. Congratulations on our success.
Mindy Shapiro
mindysue39@gmail.com
Congrats, indeed! The croup kept us in, but happy Julia was able to rally the troops. I like GAP because I can direct my husband here for ideas of local goings-on for the weekend. I put my thinking cap on and I will let you know if I think of good ideas for you to cover in the future.
Jen Bellot
bellot.jennifer@gmail.com
Charline-I'm really sorry I missed it but my brother was in town for the marathon and we picked him at airport. Sounds like fun was had by all.
John
jtdonovan1305@msn.com
Wish we could have made it to the event. We just moved to Mt. Airy/Germantown and your blog has been so helpful to us. THANK YOU!
Megan Kafer
megankafer@hotmail.com
sounds like a very successful event! your website has been very helpful, i appreciate the inside information,
allison
at.philly@gmail.com
I was sorry to miss the event also. I was looking forward to meeting other parents in the area and I was also bummed to miss it because I love tea! I love Pam's shop and hope it stays for a long while. GAP is great too! I never would have known about some really fun spots for my toddler otherwise. Thanks for your time!
Amy Francis
amyfranc@yahoo.com
Sorry we missed the event. I do, however, have some good photos from the Halloween event at Lovett Library which I will try to post soon.
Thanks for all you do, I really enjoy all teh great ideas you share with us. Hopefully we'll get out to see the trains at the Arboretum - if my little one stops sneezing that is!
Zoe Beckerman
zbeckerman@gmail.com
Great blog with useful information. Thanks for writing it.
jiller767@yahoo.com
Didn't know about your event but I've really been enjoying your blog. Keep sharing the great ideas!
-Amber Powers
amberpow@aol.com
I just learned of your site and am happy to keep visiting! Please also note I am a proud Henry School Parent (2nd grade) and am happy to share Henry for those interested parents - like the Waldorf school - not one parent e-mail at a time!
Cheers!
Gail S. Kotel MPT and owner of Therapeutic Pilates in the Blue House here in lovely West Mt Airy
Post a Comment